Talcher revival Project
CCEA in its meeting held on 04.08.2011 approved the revival of closed Talcher unit of Fertilizer Corporation of India Ltd (FCIL) through nomination route by forming’ JV of nominated PSUs e.e. GAIL, RCF, CIL and FCIL. Talcher unit is being revived by setting up new Ammonia Urea plant of 1.27 MMTPA capacity based on coal gasification technology, Accordingly a JV company named Talcher Fertilizers Ltd. (TFL) has been formed. The equity of GAIL, RCF and CIL in TFL is 29.67% each and FCIL’s 10.99%.
Progress made so far
- Govt. of Odisha has accorded permission to sublease FCIL Talcher land to Talcher Fertilizer Ltd.
- Coal Gasification technology shortlisted in Feb., 2017.
- Captive coal mine allotted on 27.09.2017. Agreement with MoC under progress.
- In principal Bridge Linkage coal allotted to TFL on 22.03.2017.
- MoU with IOCL for supply of petcoke from Paradip refinery signed on 10.08.2017.
- Environment Clearance for the project recommended on 18.10.2017.
- Project DFR approved by Board of TFL on 10.11.2017.
- Financial Appraisal of the project DFR approved by Board of TFL.
- Work order awarded to CMPDI for captive coal mine development for Project report.
- Site preparation work commenced on 18.09.2017.