P&K Division deals with the implementation of NBS Scheme being implemented w.e.f. 1.4.2010. Under the NBS Policy, a fixed rate of subsidy (in Rs. per Kg basis) is announced on nutrients namely Nitrogen (N), Phosphate (P), Potash (K) and Sulphur (S) by the Government on annual basis. The per Kg subsidy rates on the nutrient N, P, K, S is converted into per Tonne subsidy on the various P&K fertilizers covered under NBS Policy. Any variant of the fertilizers covered under the subsidy scheme with micronutrients namely Boron and Zinc, is eligible for a separate per tonne subsidy to encourage their application along with primary nutrients.
At present 22 grades of P&K fertilizers namely DAP, MAP, TSP, MOP, Ammonium Sulphate, SSP and 16 grades of NPKS complex fertilizers are covered under the NBS Policy. Under the NBS regime, MRP of P&K fertilizers has been left open and fertilizer manufacturers/marketers are allowed to fix the MRP at reasonable rates.
2. In addition to the implementation of NBS Scheme, some of the works allocated to the P&K Division are mentioned as under:
- Marketing arrangement of P&K/SSP fertilizers
- Induction/exclusion of manufacturers/importers of P&K fertilizers under fertilizer subsidy regime.
- Inclusion of new fertilizers under subsidy regime
- Inclusion of new SSP unit under subsidy regime.
- Budget matter/management of funds/subsidy through Special Banking Arrangement
- Matter related to WTO/Trade/EXIM/Commerce/ Mines pertaining to fertilizers
- Issuance of comfort letter to fertilizer companies
- Parliament Question/Standing Committee /Consultative Committee/ CAG Audit para/Court Case related to implementation of NBS Policy.
- Notification/permissions of Rock Phosphates of various sources, examination of PDIL Reports etc.